Monday, September 12, 2011

Going into a new season...

It seems to be that time again...

The season is coming to an end. The warm summer nights are being pushed forward by a crisp, cool and delicate air. The faint smell of comfort wafting from my fall sweaters is present with a dull craving of creamy root vegetable soups (this always happens to me at the close of the summer months).

Even though Virginia is not ready for this new season...I am. I find myself wanting to dress in heavier clothing even if the weather begs to differ.

There is ALWAYS a new season to look forward to at the end of the last. This new season is bringing me wonderful treasures...



...I've slowed down a bit on housework (mostly because I'm overwhelmed with clutter) so I've been trying to focus on other things...like exploring...

Lula and I (and Jude) have been getting out and really having a great time. I have been meeting some pretty amazing people at the Mommy-and-Me activities that we've partaken in recently.




Another great treasure is the REALLY EARLY morning time that Kobe and I get to have together.
Now that he is a big middle-schooler, he has to be in his homeroom by 7:20 am which puts us at the bus stop...well earlier than I've had to get up for a long long time.


Kobe also recently had a birthday...he's 11! I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. At his birthday party I made a treasure map, cut it into pieces and hid them around the house. After he and his friends found all the pieces they put it together to reveal a message that led him to his birthday booty...it was so fun and he ended up finding two tickets for the Jets/Redskins game in December taped to the bottom of his chair. Yes, all that work to find something that he was sitting on the whole time...ha!


I've been walking Mia to her classroom since the first day of kindergarten...until this week.
Mia's teacher (in a very kind and sincere way) told me that she was cutting the string and that I'm not allowed to walk her to her classroom anymore...mmmhmm.  And then she ended that conversation with a big smile and said "don't worry, you'll be fine"


Danny is in school full time and is working really hard everyday. I started waiting tables a couple nights a week and Danny has been cooking, cleaning, wiping, washing, folding, feeding and holding while I'm gone. He does such an amazing job and I'm so proud of him!


Jude is now 2 months old...and he is more delicious than ever. He smiles so much and loves to play. He's so strong and so smart...


...and has a face that will melt your heart...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...