Saturday, July 9, 2011

We've grown...



Well, he's finally here!! He was born on July 7th at 11:55 in the am. 

 Welcome Jude Michael Zere... weighing in at 10 lbs 2oz

 

It was an amazing birth-labor-delivery.  
 It all started at about 4am I woke up to labor pains that got pretty strong around 6am so we headed off to the hospital. By the time I got there I was 6 cm dilated and was actually quite comfortable still. A couple of hours went by before the doctor came back... I was still making conversation with my nurse and laughing with Danny. When the doctor checked again I was already at 9cm.

I couldn't believe it!  I was in such control of my mind. I was determined to have another natural birth, but didn't know I was able to make it painless (up until "pushing" time)...

Before I was in labor for Jude I would reminisce about each of the other labors and the "pushing" part doesn't seem to stand out. 

For the record I will NEVER forget pushing Jude out.
What seemed like forever was a very painful 25 minutes which ended with the doctor saying "that's a lot of baby". 
Of course the most amazing part is the first sight of of your child... awwww I love it. I could just start crying now thinking about it. It is one of the most amazing experiences ever!! We're already so in love with him!

As for the first days of Jude...he nurses ALL DAY LONG...
...and when he's not nursing he's...

                                                                     well...not happy!

Most of the kiddos are ecstatic...

Mia kisses him all the time...



Kobe is trying to do EVERYTHING he can to help out...



 ...and Lula... well...she pretends not to notice him. She has given him kisses on the head a few times, but she's keeping her distance...



As for me and Danny, we are still on cloud nine...
If you saw us change a diaper you would think we are first time parents again...ha!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Angie and family, how wonderful! I'm very happy to hear that your new baby Jude is safely here. I also have to agree with your doctor, that is a lot of baby! My best to you all, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Just WoW!
    God BLess Jude the All The FAmily

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh ANG!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you all!! he is so beautiful! love the hair and all the 10lbs and 2oz!! that's a big boy;)
    we've got vbs this week, so my brain is fried, but i would love to talk soon. wish your kids could join us, like mia did last year, but you'll be enjoying that new baby! miss you and love you!-jen & co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like Lula. You know, my children are usually two months old before they're that big!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...