Saturday, January 14, 2012

The New Year...

The New Year has brought us many blessings...
We've had lots of family time and sunshine...



One of our favorite places to go...
The book store.
We love books!
I don't think I could ever own an electronic reading device...sorry Nook and Kindle fans...I'm not on your bandwagon. Nope...you'll find me laying somewhere off the beaten path with my nose in a book full of coffee-stained pages...



Daddy and our children are the same way...




I am loving this weather!! I will say that I miss the snow {outside my window}, but I am so happy with the sunshine and this Va. winter. I am so happy to be able to bring the family into the woods {including the baby...this time of year...oh yeah!}



I've taken a little break from all my projects {including The Mom Spot Of Tea}. I am so grateful for all of my devoted followers...thank you thank you thank you! I'm only taking a little break, just need to slow down and focus...


I had so many "plans" for the New Year...
I started out with the idea that I would start a 21 day "Daniel Fast". It was a great attempt, but I abandoned it three days into the New Year.  I was feeling so much guilt about this...
I found myself searching through every forum...desperate to find some kind of "fasting exemption" for nursing mothers...anything to relieve this burden of guilt. Then after much praying...
I heard His little voice "I never asked this of you in the first place".


I have been very serious about this "back to the basics" kick that I'm on. We have been reading the Little House on the Prairie books and I've been questioning my ability to survive in THAT time period. I want to go back and learn all the basics. This past week I mastered bread-making. Something that I've struggled with for a bit. I've NEVER made a tasty loaf of bread before {sad but true}...until now...


My next "basic" is knitting, then in the spring it's full speed ahead into the garden...



I think this spring I'm also going to learn about foraging. It's something I've been so interested in. One of my best friends {who we live too far away from now....sniff sniff} mentioned that she was really getting into edible wild plants in our last phone conversation. It really motivated me to revisit my interest in foraging ...



I should also mention that I'm applying "back to the basics" to my parenting techniques as well. I've really been searching for and studying "parenting advice" from the bible. God has given us everything we need, we just have to be willing to seek!


This New Year is going to be a good one. I've already learned soooooo much ! I have so many goals to work toward and lists of lessons to be learned...Happy New to you all!



1 comment:

  1. Yay foraging! Yay knitting! Look up Samuel Thayer at your library. He is the foremost authority on foraging. Also, get an account on Ravelry for knitting inspiration.

    Love,
    -P.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...