Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Homeschooling: {Colors}

In our new house we have about 1000 square feet less than we used to have. We are learning to live with less, and loving it! One of the only draw backs is that our dining room HAS TO BE our school room because we no longer have a breakfast nook or a play-room.

I know I'm being really selfish here, but I just don't want posters and papers ALL over this room...yet..

So I've been coming with unique ways to school with subtle style...

I know when I look back I'm going to remember the fun projects, experiments, books, and time we spent together, not how nice my living room looked...
...so I'm not going over-board just subtle. AND...I like my space to be pretty if I can help it...

I'm preparing to add a kindergarten to our curriculum, so things will get pretty colorful...



I have a few really good ideas for learning primary/ secondary colors...



I cut out bird templates, colored them and we will use them to determine which primary colors will make which secondary colors.






Then, we have our Rainbow color spectrum... made from paint chips atop burlap, painted cardboard and then framed...


Subtle...right?


I love it! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...