Friday, October 26, 2012

Me and mine...

Two times in the past week I've been asked the same question: "What were your goals and aspirations"
I guess that means;  "What did you want to be before you grew up?"

{Ok, I'm not old, but I'm certainly not a kid anymore}

I'm 33 years old and I am a partner in an intensely-magnificent, and important job called parenthood. We work for a business called Family and have the coolest, most loving, and forgiving boss named GOD.

I never in a million years would have known that my life would have gotten this incredible. I mean it when I say, "If I were happier I would be flying".

So the answer that I gave is that well, I was never really sure what I wanted to do with my life. I had many ideas of what I would do, but none of those were really for me.

Funny thing is, I didn't even know that I wanted to work as a mom. I had no idea the rewards and challenges that were involved.

I had no idea how much joy I would get from following someone around...


I had no idea that I would gage my success by someone else's happiness.


I had no idea that sitting back and watching someone else having fun would make my whole day.


I had no idea how important it would be to listen to someone else's dreams and aspirations. 


I had no idea how amazing it feels to share everything with someone else or that two seperate people could become one.



I had no idea what true contentment was...



or what it feels like...


...until I became a wife and a mother.
I had no idea that I would live such a simple, yet full-of-substance life.
Life is Good!
I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!
Thanks God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...